Sunday, June 03, 2007

Is Iraq the New France?

Now, I don't normally do political posts except for the occasional jab at Democrats, so you, my loyal readers, are probably wondering what to expect. Is this going to be some neocon diatribe? Some right-wing wacko nuke-em-all post? An insightful post that looks at the international balance of power from an historical perspective and draws uniquely poignant parallels between modern-day Iraq and France at the end of the Vichy period? Well, not to worry my little flock of mouth-breathers, it is something even better.

See, I was in the kitchen today, and I happened to look out the window, and there below it was The Mrs. She was dumping a bag of birdseed into the little garbage can in which we keep birdseed out by the feeder. For no apparent reason, I was overcome with this epiphany:

With modern fashion being what it is, low-rise pants and the associated undergarments, we have very little use for a country that rhymes with "underpants" anymore. I spent a long time figuring out what country would make a suitable replacement for France. Then it hit me.
I see London.
I see Iraq.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really need to stop making those weird drinks....objgd

Anonymous said...

Blasphemer!

Anonymous said...

was your drink, truthserumsprite?

ellie said...

what country rhymes with briefs?

Anonymous said...

Republic of Maldives

Anonymous said...

Or if you want to go with a city, see Zzyzx, CA.

Anonymous said...

Rhymes with briefs.....hm lets see..I got it ! Czechoslovakia!

Anonymous said...

What rhymes with the little African country called "Bameljo?

CherkyB said...

Ah, my loyal readers...

Have you ever seen a bigger bunch of idiots?

Jeani said...

Hi This is the funniest thing I have ever read on your blog. Must be in a rare mood myself.