As you all know by now, this is the week that we refer to around these parts as, "The Week of Disappointment." I've covered it before: here, here, here, and here (and maybe other places, I dunno). It has gone reasonably well this year, I think. Let me give you a quick rundown:
- I was out of town on The Mrs.'s birthday. I called her, but she didn't want to talk. I memorialized the phone call in yesterday's post.
- She complained to The Childrens that I didn't talk long enough.
- HannahC probably has strep throat.
- Yesterday, I made The Mrs. a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting for her birthday. I made it all from scratch, except I bought a spray can of decorative icing that came with 4 tips. As I was putting flowers and swirlies and writing "Happy Birthday" on is, The Mrs. asked me, "Can you please leave a part of the cake that you don't ruin with that so that I can have part of it that I can enjoy eating?" Yeah. She actually said, "ruin."
- The Mrs. has laryngitis. She went on and on and on about it this morning. About how she knew that something was circling around inside of her looking for a place to settle, and it settled in her voice box, and how it has been so long since the last time she had laryngitis that she can't even remember how long it has been, cuz it has been a long time, and she figured out that the pain in her abdomen had turned out to be gas and had to rummage around on the medicine shelf to try to find the Gas-X at 2:30 am, and after that she could sleep, and boy was she tired cuz she hadn't slept in days cuz of the thing circling around inside of her looking for somewhere to settle, and it settled in her voice box, and now she was all hoarse, and how that was weird cuz it has been so long since she had laryngitis...
- I said, "Well, it sure hasn't affected your ability to talk."
- We were supposed to go to Wild Birds Unlimited today to pick out a new finch feeder, but then The Mrs. decided she was too sick. So, I spent the whole morning creating a movie about it.