Friday, September 28, 2007

CherkyB, The Sufferer

I had one of my little overnight junkets out to Santa Clarabelle Wednesday night/Thursday to attend a review of something being put on by my old group. The one that ran me out of town on a rail, but now that I'm no longer in their employ, suddenly decides to value my opinion a lot more.

Tinfoil was also along on the trip, so I took him on the nickel tour of San Schmose, what with me being formerly a local and all. Meaning we hit my favorite sushi place for dinner and the the bowling alley karaoke bar for some after-dinner refreshments. Dood and WoodyWoody swung by to hang with us, too.

So, I got back home at like 1:30AM Thursday night, and then got up to go to work this morning at the usual time given as I was double-booked in my 9am timeslot. The Childrens hadn't seen me since Wednesday morning, so they pretended to be happy to see me in the morning.

When I started to leave for work, HannahC told me I couldn't go.
Me, CherkyB: "I have to go."

HannahC: "Why do you have to go?"

Me, CherkyB: "So I can make money so that we can live in this house and have food to eat and buy stuff."

HannahC: "Humph!"

Me, CherkyB: "See, that's what men do. They work themselves until they die so that women and children can sit home all day in comfort and complain about them."

3 comments:

Nava said...

Yup. That's the beauty of life.

Anonymous said...

but doesn't it feel good to be loved so much? this reminds me of the time I was visiting when you lived in CA and hannie was about 4. i was leaving to go and she said to me "don't go--i'll be so loneless!"

Anonymous said...

the "sufferer" with words of wisdom.