Saturday, February 02, 2008

We're off to see the wizard

All I wanted to do was to go to Walgreens to pick up a prescription. I had ordered it on the web, and it was ready, and I was going to breeze through the drive-through.

Nothing is that simple, though.

First, The Mrs. put into my hand a grocery shopping list. Safeway is diagonally across the street from Walgreens. Safeway doesn't have a drive-through.

Then, I was instructed that I had to take MaxieC with me, though he was busy playing and screaming about not going.

The dog was at the back door whining to go out, so I let him out.

Then I was standing in the kitchen staring blankly at nothing, the way slaves do when they have a moment off. The Mrs. noticed and asked if I was "sick again".

Me, CherkyB: "No, you just don't understand the depths to which I hate my life."

The Mrs.: "Oh. Rats."

Me, CherkyB: "What?"

The Mrs.: "I plugged up the sink."

Me, CherkyB: "Sigh..."
I get the bucket out of the garage and remove the trap. Someone has put an entire strip of bacon down the drain, but no one knows anything about it.

Then The Mrs. asks if I ever let the dog back in. No, I've been under the sink.

"Oh, well I heard a lot of barking."

Call the dog, the dog doesn't come.

Look for the dog, don't find the dog.

Push the audible buzzer on the dog's electric collar, no response. Push the shocker button (level 1 - which only gets his attention), no response.

Damn.

HannahC starts hollering that she's found the dog. Oddly, he's next door on the other side of the fence and can't figure out how to get back.

I trudge through the snow in my slippers to get him and lead him back.

Bad dog.

Walgreens misplaced my prescription.

2 comments:

blogauthor said...

I think this happened to me a few months back, except mine involved the library and the bank too. Hmmmmm.

RIO said...

you have a life I could only term as 'wacky' - i like wacky. but you could be doing more and upgrade to 'madcap'.