Sunday, July 02, 2006

Did you hit "next blog"?

One of the interesting things I have learned since installing the statcounter is where and when people come from. I have noted that for about 30 seconds right after I post, I get a number of pageviews from other blog sites that I have never heard of, and then nothing much other than my usual readers trickling in throughout the day. I'm guessing the "next blog" button algorithm chooses most recently updated sites. Average stay of these hits is zero seconds.

That's right. No one ever reads a thing. I do this myself, clicking "next blog" and rarely reading anything. I did, however, begin to notice that every blog it took me to had been just recently updated.

So, did you get here via "next blog"? Maybe drop a comment on this post.

No comments: