Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Uh, no.

So I'm taking HannahC to farm camp today, just like I have every day this week, and being that it's the third day in a row that she's gone to exactly the same place at the same time with the same people, and I'm in a bit of a hurry as I have to give two presentations at work within the next hour and a half, I say, "So, it's OK if I just drop you off, right?"

"Yes."

I pull up to the curb in front of the door along with all the other parents, and I say, "OK. Have fun."

"Uh, no."

"What do you mean no? You said I could drop you off."

"No, you have to walk me to the door."

Then, I have to drive back to the part of the lot where you can park, park, and walk her to the door. We get right to the door and, without me even setting foot inside, she turns and says, "OK. Bye Dah," and heads off inside.

I have no idea what the purpose of that little exercise was other than that, as a female, she subconsciously structures her life in order to make mine inconvenient.