Sunday, October 14, 2007

DrinkPact #2

It has been a while since I have shared my creative energies in the mixology field with you my multitudinous fans. In fact, it has been nearly a year since I posted the one and only entry on the topic.

I started out thinking it would be a good time for a Halloween drink. So, what would make a good Halloween drink? Clearly, there is a whole world of cider drinks already on the books. And the only way to make a drink "scary" is to set it on fire.

As a general rule, I try to avoid drinks that are on fire. Not because I'm afraid of the fire or afraid of anything catching on fire. No, it's because having a fabulous background in engineering and the sciences, I know that the only thing that burns in a drink is the alcohol, and the alcohol is the only reason you made the damn drink in the first place. It's like buying a beer, then pouring the top third of it out on the counter.

So then I got to thinking that maybe I should just do an orange drink. Orange is a nice Halloween color, plus it doubles as an autumn color in case you can't think of a Thanksgiving drink, or in case the Thanksgiving drink starts like this, "Take 3oz of turkey gravy..."

I didn't go quite as adventurous with this one as with Minty Fresh, instead making just a minor modification to an existing favorite by mating it with old friend.

Here is your special CherkyB Halloween concoction:

Screw Yu Driver

6 oz. Orange Juice
1 oz. Vodka
1 oz. Yukon Jack

Mix. Stir. Enjoy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the name!

Anonymous said...

of course you do!

blogauthor said...

Clearly, you forgot one shot of 409. Otherwise it looks fabulous. Here's mine of late, variations of which I've seen at several bars lately. Wait, who am I kidding? Bars, pffft. Restaurants with alcohol. I haven't been to a bar-bar in at least a decade and a half.

equal portions of vanilla vodka, chambord and pineapple juice. poor chambord in last and verrrry slowly and it will settle slowly on the bottom making a very cool looking drink.

Note that 'equal portions' can be anything from one shot each to one cup each.

mumwow. I AM NOT KIDDING!!!! I wish I could prove it somehow because I AM NOT KIDDING!!! This made my day.

CherkyB said...

Sounds like a chick drink. If you like Chambord, maybe you should look into one of these.

Nava said...

Cool name, DrinkPact. And lovely cocktail name as well.