Saturday, December 08, 2012

For the Humor Impaired

It has come to my attention that I may have overestimated the intelligence of my audience.  I try to never do that.  When I write my posts, I try to picture myself with a blank stare, the only light glinting off a bit of drool escaping from the corner of my mouth, the rest of me with the dull patina of dirt and stupidity.  Oh wait, no, I channeling Christopher Moore.

But today, someone said to me, in the standard, hyper-critical way, "You know you spelled 'sanitary' wrong."

I blinked a bit to see if it was a joke, cuz I'm never really sure when humor will appear in an otherwise barren  landscape, but it was not.  It was a serious statement.

So I said, "I did that intentionally cuz it was about Santa.  Santa-ry.  That's what makes it funny."

"Ooooohhhh.  Santa.  I get it now.  No one is going to get that."

[Sigh]  Maybe I'll just go back to shooting videos about the weather and setting them to Yakety Sax.


No comments: