Friday, May 12, 2006

Full Moon Fever

I'm trying out something new today. I'm writing this in FrontPage so that I don't lose everything if'n my web connection crashes. I may goof around a bit with all the fancy features in FrontPage. Like, it has a hit counter like this:

But the instructions have this in them:

Note To add a hit counter to your Web site, your site must be located on a Web server running Microsoft FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions (FrontPage Server Extensions: A set of programs and scripts that support authoring in FrontPage and extend the functionality of a Web server.), SharePoint Team Services v1.0, or Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services. Ask your Web server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) (ISP: A business that provides access to the Internet for such things as electronic mail, chat rooms, or use of the World Wide Web. Some ISPs are multinational, offering access in many locations, while others are limited to a specific region.) whether your server is running these technologies.

I'm betting it doesn't work on Blogger. (Update - the preview doesn't even show the hit counter at all.)

Tonight was supposed to be Fat Camp. As mentioned yesterday, people were lining up not to go. Biking was out of the question, but it looked like drinking at The Duke could still be done. That began to evaporate as the day went on. Spanky, at least, came back from the dead. Bless his little heart, he was willing to go sit there and not drink while I was drinking. However, then the fambly kicked in. Neither MaxieC nor HannieC would go to bed, and The Mrs. decided that she "needed a break" and went off to play on the compooter while I tried to get both screaming little brats to bed. Needless to say, that failed miserably. Then, we ended up tag-teaming trying to get them to bed, with first both childrens demanding that they needed Daddy to put them to bed, and then both of them demanding Mommy. This went on and on until 10pm. By then, I said screw it, I'm not going out. I called up Spankolio and cancelled. Ultimately, I guess, I am the one who killed Fat Camp today. I think that may be a first.

So, what was it that made The Childrens decide not to sleep today? Well, during my time walking around with a screaming MaxieC, singing Jingle Bells to him to try to calm him down, I happened to look out our bedroom window. Lo and behold, a full moon. My kids are lunatics. Always have been. They get all crazy-like when the moon is full.

Now I am sitting on the back porch enjoying the beauteeful night. I'm having a Rum and Coke. I know I know. But I've grown a bit tired of Jack and Coke. And I only have 2 beers left in the house. I am also enjoying a Partagas Black courtesy of StinkyJ. He gave them out, kind of, to celebrate the birth of his twins. I say kind of, cuz so far he's only given out about 10 of them, and I have 5 of those 10, 4 of which are not for me. I started quite a trend with the Partagas Blacks, having given them out when MaxieC was born. I can't quite remember what I gave out when HannieC was born. It was probably H. Upmann, cuz that's what I had tended to smoke back then. Since giving them out for MaxieC's birth 2 years ago, BrainkyP and now StinkyJ have both given out the same kind. Directly as a result of receiving and enjoying mine.

Oddly, I never tried a Partagas Black until I read in Cigar Magazine that they were one of the best smokes around right now, price notwithstanding. And they really are. Plus, they're not all that pricey to boot.

Yup, I'm quite a trendsetter. Heck, the phrase, "I'm the Ellen Degeneres of comedy," has really caught on.

I treid and tried to wait to smoke my stooge with StinkyJ, as that is the proper celebration. But he's now completely wussified since he had kids and insists on being home promptly at 6pm for "the feeding".

I'm thinking I'll probably smoke TommyO's stooge tomorrow. And then I'll start in on the others. Having me hold the stooges for these guys while we wait for StinkyJ's availability will turn out to be a mistake. Well, not a mistake for me.

No comments: