Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I said something really funny today

but I can't for the life of me remember what it was. All I remember was that I was sitting at my allocated work space, and there were some other guys sitting at theirs about 15 feet to the right, and I said something, and then Brooksie says, "You should have gone into comedy."

The sad thing here is that it's the only thing I had to talk about today, and I can't remember it. I've spent hours trying to remember, but it's gone.

Now, I know what you are all thinking. You're thinking, "Go into comedy? WTF? Brian's like the least funniest guy I know. He's like the Ellen Degeneres of comedy." And you'd have a very apt simile there. See, I, like Ellen, seem funny when surrounded by my peers. They are different peer groups, for me engineers, and for Ellen angry lesbians, but still both are groups of notoriously unfunny people.

Q: How many feminists does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: That's not funny.

An interesting coincidence happened today. A guy who kinda works for me, though not officially, asked me what he should do after this current project ends. I didn't have an answer. Then I realized that we were 10 weeks away from being done, and I hadn't given a though about what I was going to do next. While pondering that, and querrying my boss on the matter via IM tonight, I happened to read CJ's latest screed. I like to read CJ's posts to see how many times he makes reference to me. (Today it was 3.) I saw that he also today is worrying about what to do after his current project. He refers to this as an "exit plan".

And I don't have one.

Just for the record, my girlfriend/wife and I made do with a queen-size mattress for 9 years. It was a mistake. I highly recommend the king.

I'm gonna hit the sack early today. Little MaxieC got up at 5am and decided to sit in my bed and scream non-stop for 1 hour and 4 minutes this morning. I don't know why. He's two. I'm tired.

No comments: