Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Ahh, the Joy of it

The Mrs. has taken The Childrens down to the hotel pool, leaving Me, CherkyB, in the hotel room with only FreddyC and JackieC for company. It is so peaceful. This is by far the nicest hotel we've stayed at yet. I may have to move Best Western up on my list of preferred chains.

We still need to scare up dinner. There's a Perkins attached to the hotel, but I'm lobbying for this place called "Brewburgers" that is diagonally across the street. I will almost without question lose this battle.

Today was a day I would characterize as a day of rest stops. In the 500 miles here, we never made it more than 1.5 hours without stopping. MaxieC has learned that since his accident yesterday, all he has to do is say, "I have to pee," and we stop at the next stop. Even if he follows it up with, "Juuust kidding!" as he likes to do.

We had lunch at Craker Barrel. None of us had ever eaten there before. I can cross that off my list of things to do. Yuck. The Mrs., however, really liked it. She had to call her mother to report the wondrousness of a bowl of stew, turnip greens, some other nasty veggie, and cornbread all for $7.19. I always forget how much more of a bumpkin she is than I am. I don't know why I'd forget that, given how much I saw her family over the last week.

Oddly, The Mrs. and I have taken to high-fiving each other whenever we finish our meals, calling each other "baby," and looking at each other all dreamy-stoopid. Then we crack up. I don't know why.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh- what accident did MaxieC have? A wet Pootzer delivery?

Anonymous said...

I see your hotel was in Obama Nebraska!

Anonymous said...

Now all you have to do is dance before dinner and sing, "how sweet it is" :-)

word verification: zfucs!