Thursday, May 08, 2008

CherkyB, Jokester

The last day before my vacation, I sent out an email at work that had the subject, "It's been fun." Then, it went like this:
As most of you by now have probably heard, today is my last day here at FCDC*. Boy, time really flies. Can you believe we’ve been in this building for a year already? And I’ve spent almost 14 years with [The Company], which is a pretty good run in the technology world. We’ve had some good times and some rough times along the way. I wish you all the best of luck keeping up the drive to [our project's goal].

Anyways, I’m using this post-April [note: April is performance-review time] opportunity to do a little traveling, rearrange my priorities for a while, and get to know what my family looks like again.

[My boss] (who I recently learned may hold the record at this site for having employees “quit”) and I are feverishly working out the coverage for my myriad responsibilities. I believe it goes mostly like this:

Yadda Yadda Yadda...





* for two weeks. I’ll be back in the office ww20.5. Don’t steal all my office supplies, you punks.

See, you had to scroll down to see what the asterisk referenced. I sent this to a select list of folks, all of whom I figured could take a joke. Oddly, only two people bit. Also, oddly, those two people were the only two on the list who had a particular job description. Now, I'll get to rag on them for having poor reading skills. You know who you are.

Hee hee hee.

1 comment:

Rob said...

It was terrible...you had my hopes up that you finally broke free from the oppression. Mr. Senior TL!