Monday, June 11, 2007

Garden of Joy

Which is much better than either Garden of Death or Garden of Pain.

Since I've been being Mr. Fambly Man all weekend, I figured I better put up one of those photo posts you do when you don't have anything particularly pithy to say, but you just can't bring yourself to put up absolute crap as filler like most other bloggers will do. Thus, I give you the status update on the old garden.

In the center of this shot, you can see the carrots coming up in two little rows. Or you could if they weren't so infested with weeds. The Mrs. pulled all those weeds out Sunday morning whilst we slept, but these photos are from Saturday. In the upper left you can see our three pepper plants, and along the bottom are the onions, garlic, and shallots. You may also notice how the upper right and lower left of the photo are black. This is a sign of the automatic lens cover not retracting properly on the camera, a problem that is occurring with greater and greater frequency that you don't really notice when looking at the 1" LCD display in the bright sunlight but sure notice when looking at the photos later.


In the background you see the 3-varieties of lettuce and in the foreground the spinach. The fambly has been munching on the spinach already - our first harvestable crop here.


Mr. Lonely Watermelon.


Rows of corn. If I make it into ethanol, I'll get a lot more for it than if I sell it for food.

At the top are zucchini and crook neck squash. Then below that you see the asparagus. It won't yield this year, but is a perennial that should yield next year.


Beans on the left, peas on the right. I staked up the peas last weekend, and they are beginning to climb. I need to get a new camera. Stupid lens cover.


Cucumbers.


Big giant pumpkins.


I seem to be missing shots of the strawberries, raspberries, beets, and tomatoes. Maybe next week.

No comments: