Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Busy Busy Busy

I just spent the last hour doing actual work for my actual job, and I unloaded my night's-worth of snarkiness in an email to my boss and his box-brother. So, I've got nothing left for you kids. Plus, it's late, and I've got a VCCmin taskforce meeting at 9am. If you knew what a VCCmin taskforce was, you'd be feeling sorry for me right now.

When I say "VCCmin taskforce" just substitute "root canal" in your mind.

So, I'll spend the next few minutes tying up some loose ends, and then I'll head off to bed. The sad thing will be that given that tomorrow is Fat Camp, you won't get much out of me tomorrow, either. Unless I can figure out a way to post something while I'm supposed to be at one of the meetings I have booked solid from 9am to 5:30pm.

But I never never never post from work. Cuz I simply work the whole time I'm there.

OK, first, I'd like to say that my characterization of my boss, StinkyJ, as being, "relatively devoid of any semblance of a sense of humor," might be misconstrued as he not being funny. The key here is "relatively". I rate everyone relative to me, and that's a tough crowd.

Let me state very clearly that StinkyJ is funny. He is funny in at least three ways. (Don't laugh; that's two more than most of you.) First, he has a funny name. That's half the battle. I mean, how funny would Gallagher be if he were named Leo Jones. "I went and saw Jones last night, and now I have to clean my pants." See, not funny.

Secondly, he has funny hair. Funny hair has long been revered in comedy, from The Three Stooges to Carrot Top.

Finally, who can ever tire of the classic, "Does your face hurt? That's funny. It's killing me!" Heck, it has "funny" right in it.

In summary, StinkyJ is funny. He's just relatively not funny.

A couple other things, unrelated, things. The Mrs. isn't completely sick yet. That means I'll probably be getting sick just in time for the weekend, as per my master plan to make The Mrs. suffer as much as possible. Finally, for those of you starting up new blogs, you have to choose only one of the following: a) Tell your boss about the blog, b) make fun of him in it. Doing both can be damaging, career-wise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Butt pirates.