Thursday, December 11, 2008

DrinkPact #6 - Blitzin'

At long last, I got to practice my art. The Mrs. wanted something chocolatey and cherry to fit in with the Christmas season. I don't know when cherry became a Christmas flavor, but I do what I'm told. This one is very tasty. I'm not kidding on that. If you are at all a fan of black russians (and who isn't?), you should give this one a try. Even The Mrs. likes it, and she doesn't like anything I make.

Blitzin'

1 oz. Vodka
1/2 oz. Kahlua
1/2 oz. Grenadine
Splash of Peppermint Schnapps
1 tsp. Chocolate Syrup

Stir with ice and garnish with a cherry.


Drinker's Impressions:

It's like a chocolate-covered cherry candy filled with alcohol with an Andes Candy hint-of-mint finish. This is the potato chip of mixed drinks - no one can have just one. Well, I had just one, but look in the picture - that's a hell of a lot more than 2 oz. of drink in that glass. A great drink for you and your honey to snuggle up by the fire with while watching DVDs of Rankin/Bass Christmas classics.

Trust me. I'm a professional.



Update: Oooo...a testimonial.

2 comments:

blogauthor said...

I am going to go get the missing ingredients required to make this drink right now. I shall report back forthwith.

Anonymous said...

Blitzin actually looks kinda yummylicious.
I'm pleasantly surprised.