Monday, December 15, 2008

Parenting with CherkyB

I was clearing the dinner dishes from the table tonight and loading them into the dishwasher when HannahC ran up and started clinging to me:

Me, CherkyB: "Gaaaah! What are you doing!?"

HannahC: "I looove you Daddy."

Me, CherkyB: "If you loved me, you'd help me." I handed her a dirty dish.

HannahC: "Why?"

Me, CherkyB: "See, telling someone you love them is like giving them permission to take advantage of you."

HannahC: "Why?"

Me, CherkyB: "Well, it's like if you're buying a car, and after the test drive you really like it, you don't go and tell the salesman, 'Oh, I loooove this car,' cuz then he's gonna jack up the price. You go, 'Yeah, I dunno. It was OK.' Then, you get a good deal. If you tell him you love it, he'll take advantage of you."

HannahC: "But I loooove you Dah."

Me, CherkyB: "Yeah, well, go get the rest of the dishes off the table."

2 comments:

paula said...

way to teach em young cherkyb

blogauthor said...

Now I know why you don't like to be profusely thanked.