Sunday, January 20, 2008

I'd just like to say

I'm not really a Giants fan. In fact, I've never really forgiven them for accidentally beating the Bills in the Superbowl. However, in tonight's game I found myself pulling for the Giants. That's right, despite the cross-state rivalry and the fact that nearly half the people in the world who share my last name hail from Milwaukee and of course the fact that Rhonda is a much more reliable ad clicker than Cavitation is, I found myself hoping for a Giants win.

Why?

Well, because I feel Eli Manning's pain. The poor guy is a pretty darn good quarterback, but he has to spend his whole life endlessly being compared to his older brother and to his father He can never just be Eli Manning. He has to be Peyton Manning's less-accomplished little brother, or Archie Manning's disappointing younger son.

And I understand what that is like.

On a lighter note, I managed to get a perfect score on my range rules true/false quiz at today's new member orientation. A perfect score is required to be accepted as a member. It's not too hard to get a perfect score, as it is an "open book" test and the book consists of one side of an 8.5x11 piece of paper with all the rules printed on it. And if you get one wrong, they call you up to the front of the class afterwards, and the instructor says, "I'd like you to re-read this question and think about your answer a bit. Then, I'll give you a chance to change your answer if you want to," and after you change your answer, the instructor says, "Wonderful! A perfect score!"

I am now a certified Range Official at the Weld County Fish and Wildlife High Plains Shooting Range. So there. Plus, I get a 5% discount on garage door repairs, which will come in handy given that my garage door springs all are in need of adjustment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've had a full night of grieving...
I'm so over it.