Monday, January 28, 2008

Today, I am sick

Actually, I've kinda been sick since Friday. I was going to come home early from work on Friday, but then some new, anxiously-awaited data arrived that I had to go through, and then this happened, so I never got home early.

Both Saturday and Sunday featured me grogging my way through the day and then falling asleep moments after dinner. On Saturday, I was freezing cold after dinner, so I turned on the fireplace (wood burning fireplaces are illegal to install around these parts due to air quality concerns (i.e., the place has become lousy with Democrats)) and fell asleep on the floor in front of it. Sunday, I managed to make it to bed before dying.

At some point, there was a massive amount of screaming involving one or more of the childrens, and that woke me up. The Mrs., always happy to see me, banished me to the basement guest bedroom so that I wouldn't infect everyone. Thus, I ended up in bed at 8pm, which was odd.

I managed to sleep until 9:30 in the morning, when I first checked the clock. Oh. I hope I didn't have to meet anyone this morning at work...

I didn't.

Stayed home all day, mostly lying on the couch slumbering through daytime television. I still love The People's Court, mostly because I find morons entertaining. Though I must say there is a much higher class of clientèle on TPC than on many of the other court shows (notably Divorce Court). I also caught an episode of Cheaters, though it wasn't the one about Bill Clinton. Sadly, both episodes of Scrubs and the episode of Holmes on Homes were ones I had seen before.

I can't honestly say what's wrong with me other than that I generally don't feel good. Occasional chills, a loss of appetite, and a lack of energy. The Mrs. diagnosed me as having the flu, though if it's really the flu, it's the mildest one I've ever had. It's the lack of energy that is killing me. I can barely walk up the stairs. Neither of my feet appear to be broken, though.

I think I'll be OK to go to work tomorrow. I've been feeling a lot better tonight.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should really go see a dokter- you seems to be sick all the time.

blogauthor said...

Get well soon.

The People's Court is still on? I assume Judge Whopner (sp?) has long since bucked the kickit and its someone else?

Anonymous said...

after he left the people's court, judge wopner had a show called animal court on animal planet. it was pretty funny.

Anonymous said...

I like Judge Judy

CherkyB said...

Of course you do.

CherkyB said...

The judge on TPC is now Marilyn Milian, who is kind of a mouthy Hispanic chick. She's the third judge after Wapner (Mayor Ed Koch, followed by Judge Judy's wife Jerry Sheindlin being the two in between).

Anonymous said...

Didn't know judge Judy had a wife? ? ? ? Is she a les? Maybe we can hook up. LOL

blogauthor said...

Ed Koch???? Oh dear. I am woefully out of touch with popular culture.

p.s. even though I clicked to email further comments to me, it didn't. so maybe its something amiss with this post. Undoubtedly its your fault, whatever it was. Just as the Mrs.