Thursday, February 01, 2007

Oh, the Suffering

As is always the case around any major event that involves HannahC barfing, I ended up sick shortly thereafter. I spent most of Wednesday night curled up in a little ball shivering, and I took the day off from work today. I spent close to the entire day in bed, getting up only to eat brunch and dinner. The Mrs. gave me a book to read called, "Sex, Lies, and Online Dating," which kept my flu-numbed mind occupied all day. I'm not sure the last time I've read an entire book in one day. All 358 pages of it.

It kinda sucked.

I'm lying here in bed waiting for the Nyquil to kick in. I will leave you with this funny story:

Yesterday, I opened up my wallet to get out a punch card for the coffee shop at work, and I noticed for the first time a yellow sticky-note stuck in the wallet. I had put this note in there to remind me of something I thought was particularly hysterical at the time so that I could blog about it later, and it had been in there a full week without me ever noticing it.

See, I was having this phone conversation with Dude at work, and he said this to me:
"I look to you as the voice of reason in there."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh the suffering for Dude.

a voice of reason...
that is hysterical.
(and you sat on it all week)!

What a great way to start the weekend.
with a good hearty belly laugh!

Anonymous said...

Get well soon Mr. Snarky!

Anonymous said...

Eat chicken soup.

Anonymous said...

i stayed home sick two days. no flu, just sinuses.

Anonymous said...

What a bunch of wimps - I yanked out an infected tooth with a piece of string and some pliers, passed a kidney stone, and then gave birth on the ground, and went right back to work in the rice paddies. Then shot and killed a boar and gutted it and cooked it for the men to eat,