Wednesday, February 07, 2007

An Apology

I have had very few posts of late. This is mainly because I've had my folks in town for the past two weeks, and I haven't had a lot of time to blog. Plus, with NavieA-B and JohnnyB on vacation, my AdSense revenue dried up, so there's no real financial incentive to blog either.

But not to worry. The folks head home tomorrow, freeing up some blogging time, and I am angrier than ever. Yes, I have all kinds of newfound anger. Like how my master shower, which after $9000 of repairs still leaks as badly as ever, is now estimated to be just $3000 away from not leaking, only for real this time, not fake not leaking like last time. And, of course, how StinkyJ has counseled me how I took the wrong job, and now I need to abandon everything I am working on so that I can work on longer-range stuff on a different project that is of higher value to my career, though of very extremely substantially lower value to The Company overall (since that project will get canceled before it ever sees the light of day). And how it looks like it may never snow again. And how our sewing machine broke, and my mother told my wife we needed a Bernina.

On the bright side, however, I, CherkyB, have never been thinner (since I began keeping track rather recently) because I lost like 3 lbs when I had the flu. Also, I have had both my parents here for two weeks, and we've only had to take one of them on one trip to urgent care, which is substantially better than we did [here, too] when Fat Moother visited for 5 days.

Oddly, I came home today, and I seemed happy. The Mrs. noted that I seemed happy, and she couldn't understand why (given background of the aforementioned StinkyJ story). She asked me this,
"Are you truly happy, or is it just a facade?"
To which I replied,
"What am I supposed to do? Remain angry for an entire year? I was angry. Now I'm moving on with my life. And I had a pretty darn good day today."
I think Cavitation said it best when he said, "I've seen this turn so many good people into angry, vindictive little bastards."

I don't want to be an angry, vindictive little bastard.

I'm going to be a happy, vindictive big bastard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

apology accepted.
I thought you disappeared off the face of this green very warm earth!
thank god you're back!
between Nava & JohnnyB being gone then you it was like a wasteland out here.
don't do that.
stay mad.