Sunday, December 17, 2006

Tag This.

I was catching up on some of my blog reading this evening, and I was reading about how Rhonda got tagged by NavieA-B. When I got to the end of the post, I was looking at the list of blogs that she tagged, and I was wondering to myself, "Self, she tagged Cavitation, but she didn't tag Me, CherkyB. Rhonda and I go way back, and she was just introduced to Cavitation's blog on Wednesday. I wonder what's up with that."

Then I sat and I pondered. Being a remarkably (remarkably!) intelligent person, I almost immediately said, "Oh sh!t. I bet that NavieA-B tagged me in that long, rambling, and difficult to read because of the bizarre jumble of font sizes, colors, and even languages post that I didn't make it all the way through before giving up."

So I went back and tried to read it again, but still to no avail. So I scanned to the end, and sure enough, she tagged me. Now, much like The JohnnyB, I'm not a "participator". Not unless there's something in it for me. But, since NavieA-B is one of my better customers, I'll play along a little.

The rules as they are stated by NavieA-B:

- Find the nearest book.
- Name the book and the author.
- Turn to page 123.
- Go to the fifth sentence on the page.

- Copy out the next three sentences and post to your blog.
- Tag three more folks.

Her font color. Not mine.

OK, so here goes:

"Official Bartender's and Party Guide" by Mr. Boston. (One of my favorite authors, I might add.)

1 dash Bitters
Mix with cracked ice and pour, with ice, into chilled parfait or hurricane glass with a salted rim. Garnish with a lemon wheel.

Page 123 happens to be in a chapter called, simply enough, "Tequila." Not one of my favorite chapters, but it is a favorite of the ladies.

I'm not tagging anyone else. I'm like the guy at the wedding who will do the chicken dance, but I'll be damned if I'm going to pull people out of their chairs to join.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is NavieA-B a unique person?
What is this tag stuff about?
It sounds like a chain letter. Or is it more of a popularity contest?
Did I miss something?

Anonymous said...

>laughing<
why am I not surprised by your nearest book...

Anonymous said...

why am I anonymous?
You don't want my comments?

CherkyB said...

It's all part of the conspiracy by the blogger code team to destabilize "blogger classic" accounts in order to annoy people into converting to "new blogger" accounts.

Mostly, they mess with the comments section. But they also sometimes make posting to classic go into an infinite spin loop so you lose your post and have to start over.